Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur problem

Since installing Big Sur I can not get it to not require password every time after sleep even though the box is not checked. Is there a way to keep my computer on without having to wait after putting in a password everytime?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 10:12 AM

Try this:

Reset NVRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Restart holding Shift to enter Safe Mode. Once up, restart normally and check it again.

You can also try a more complete sequence

First log off of your Apple ID (do not remove or download anything it asks for, just leave things as they are, you'll log back in later and everything will be OK)

Now reset SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Now the steps on first part, NVRAM and Safe Mode.

Restart normally and log back with your Apple ID.

A 3rd test is to create a second admin account and check if it happens in there too.

Note: it's always good to have a second clean admin account for test purposes and also to help you solve any problems with your main admin account. I'd advise you to create it before any procedure.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2021 10:12 AM in response to juanita918

Try this:

Reset NVRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Restart holding Shift to enter Safe Mode. Once up, restart normally and check it again.

You can also try a more complete sequence

First log off of your Apple ID (do not remove or download anything it asks for, just leave things as they are, you'll log back in later and everything will be OK)

Now reset SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Now the steps on first part, NVRAM and Safe Mode.

Restart normally and log back with your Apple ID.

A 3rd test is to create a second admin account and check if it happens in there too.

Note: it's always good to have a second clean admin account for test purposes and also to help you solve any problems with your main admin account. I'd advise you to create it before any procedure.

Big Sur problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.