Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad cable not charging reliably

I’m sure this question and related ones have been asked a million times here. I have a similar problem with unreliable charging of my iPad. It’s pretty new, and so is the charger cable. In fact I have changed them frequently to see if it would help. Not much! It will be apparently charging then suddenly say “Not charging.” I’ve seen videos about sticking a piece of tape inside the port and I’m tempted to try it. But is that really safe?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 1:10 PM

Start reading this support article:--> If your iPad won't charge - Apple Support

If the issue persists, since your device is new, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support , or make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2021 1:10 PM in response to krystal0419

Start reading this support article:--> If your iPad won't charge - Apple Support

If the issue persists, since your device is new, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support , or make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

iPad cable not charging reliably

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.