Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ADT pulse app on Apple Watch.

My ADT app connects on my iPhone and iPad, but does not connect on Apple Watch. I have deleted app and reinstalled it. Sometimes when I use the iPhone ADT app, the app on the Apple Watch appears connected but it does not last. All the settings are correct.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 7:18 PM

21 replies

Jun 5, 2021 7:26 PM in response to Egret143

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Jul 14, 2021 6:37 AM in response to SethH_NC

SethH_NC wrote:

That is a ridiculous response. The app does not work on the watch and needs to be repaired AND/ORApple needs to work on their api’s so those of us who paid for this thing with cellular get what we expected: functionality.

Troubleshooting is a process, sometimes a painstaking one. Jumping to a conclusion about what the cause of the problem is is almost invariably counterproductive.

Aug 25, 2021 5:45 AM in response to SethH_NC

What has me puzzled is when I got the Apple Watch over a year ago the ADT app worked correctly every time. All the other apps on the watch work correctly. I noticed the on and off situation after I did an update on both my iPhone and my Apple Watch the same morning. That was a few updates ago. Apple told me that the updates had nothing to do with it.

ADT pulse app on Apple Watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.