Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps and Spotify

My Apple Maps has stopped talking to me while using the app for directions, but instead just plays a little jingle sound. I have figured out it only happens when I have Spotify playing in the background. It used to talk over the music and provide directions without me having to look at the map which was awesome and has worked that way since I’ve been using apple products. Not sure what changed, maybe an update? I’m on the most recent 14.6 iOS. I have tried turning off microphone and voice assistant access to Spotify as found online from others who have had the same/similar problem. But this did not work for me.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 2:20 PM

Hello nikkiimariee.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that Maps navigation is no longer audible while using Spotify. We will be glad to assist.

Let's try the steps in the following article to troubleshoot Spotify first:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

If the issue persists, delete and reinstall Maps to see if that helps:

Remove apps from iPhone

Cheers.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2021 2:20 PM in response to nikkiimariee

Hello nikkiimariee.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that Maps navigation is no longer audible while using Spotify. We will be glad to assist.

Let's try the steps in the following article to troubleshoot Spotify first:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

If the issue persists, delete and reinstall Maps to see if that helps:

Remove apps from iPhone

Cheers.

Maps and Spotify

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.