Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X Damaged Screen Although I use case and protective glass screen

Hello,

My husband has bought for me a second hand iPhone X last month, from a retailer here in Greece. The minute I started using the phone I put in on an iPhone original case and I also used a protective glass screen. This morning I accidentally dropped the phone from the bed and it fell in the wooden floor from a height about 40-50cm. Although the protective screen and the phone's external screen itself do not present any damage, the screen internally seems to be broken and half of the screen is totally black and the other half is blue-ish and even the touch is not working. I'm not really sure if the side buttons are working either. Should I expect that an over 1000$ phone become useless due to the most insignificant fall that can happen to anyone no matter how careful someone is and how much protected the phone is?

Thank you,

Alexia

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 6:28 AM

Screen damage if determined by Apple to be accidental is not covered by the regular warranty. If you have Applecare Plus you get two accidental damages/incidents for the life of the warranty at reduced cost.

Read this document about 'iPhone Repair - Screen Damage' [and links to other iPhone repair services]. Click here --> https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service/screen-replacement

- includes pricing (note, third party AASP may set their own prices).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2021 6:28 AM in response to AlexiaChatz

Screen damage if determined by Apple to be accidental is not covered by the regular warranty. If you have Applecare Plus you get two accidental damages/incidents for the life of the warranty at reduced cost.

Read this document about 'iPhone Repair - Screen Damage' [and links to other iPhone repair services]. Click here --> https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service/screen-replacement

- includes pricing (note, third party AASP may set their own prices).

Iphone X Damaged Screen Although I use case and protective glass screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.