Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple podcast app update

With the latest update, I delete the episodes of podcasts and they still remain on my phone. Concerned about storage. Want to completely delete podcasts used or those I’m uninterested in. Please help

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 4:15 PM

Deleting alone does not seem to remove the episode file in the new iOS 14.5 Podcasts app upgrade. The pic below shows the Podcasts app settings at iPhone Settings>Podcasts (left frame), the Station settings (middle) and the Show settings (right) in the image below. Check the blue arrows which cause Shows to be updated automatically and permit you to limit new episodes. Also note the blue circles that hide played episodes and remove played downloads.

Note that there is no reference to deleting — only Removing or Hiding when Played. You therefore must play an episode or mark it as such in the menu when you tap the three dots next to an episode.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2021 4:15 PM in response to Mariekoala

Deleting alone does not seem to remove the episode file in the new iOS 14.5 Podcasts app upgrade. The pic below shows the Podcasts app settings at iPhone Settings>Podcasts (left frame), the Station settings (middle) and the Show settings (right) in the image below. Check the blue arrows which cause Shows to be updated automatically and permit you to limit new episodes. Also note the blue circles that hide played episodes and remove played downloads.

Note that there is no reference to deleting — only Removing or Hiding when Played. You therefore must play an episode or mark it as such in the menu when you tap the three dots next to an episode.

Apple podcast app update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.