Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast space

Podcasts are taking up a lot of space on my phone. In all reality, I have about 4-5 episodes saved, and those only add up to a couple hundred MB’s. According to storage, Podcasts is taking up almost a gig of storage.

After the 14.5 update, I had a bunch of archived podcasts. I thought that was it, so I deleted it. It took off maybe 100-200 mb.

does anyone Have this issue? Or have an idea on how to fix it?

iPhone 8

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 7:02 PM

Hello -

i know this post is a bit old, but I did follow your instructions. It did not work, though. Podcasts are now taking up over a gig of storage, when I only have several hundred MB’s of downloads. (I calculated the actual space based on the ones listed under storage.)

any other ideas? I’m not completely out of space on my phone, but it’d be nice to clean it up

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 7:02 PM in response to cyberbiker

Hello -

i know this post is a bit old, but I did follow your instructions. It did not work, though. Podcasts are now taking up over a gig of storage, when I only have several hundred MB’s of downloads. (I calculated the actual space based on the ones listed under storage.)

any other ideas? I’m not completely out of space on my phone, but it’d be nice to clean it up

Jun 6, 2021 10:49 AM in response to That_speersfms

Hello there That_speersfms,

Thank you for reaching out! So far I never had this issue. But I do have tips to free up your space.

1. Find out apps that you use the least or don't use at all and delete them.
  2. Keep your photos and videos in a cloud like iCloud or Google Drive.
  3. Delete your podcast or music you don't listen to anymore.
  4. Clear out your notifications.

Jun 6, 2021 10:39 AM in response to That_speersfms

One of the bugs in the iOS 14.5 Podcast app caused numerous old episodes of a Show to be downloaded.

Get rid of the bloat by:

1) fully exit the Podcasts app,

2) delete the Show in iPhone Settings>General>iPhone Storage>Podcasts,

3) restart your iPhone,

4) refollow the Show,

5) quickly insure the Show setting are appropriate.

6) see if the newest episodes Appear in the show list.

Podcast space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.