Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.6 update, iPhone 11 swipe up to unlock working but Swipe up to close app or application switcher not working

Yesterday morning my iphone automatically updated to iOS 14.6 , since then I am having issues with swipe up for application and application switcher, there is no problem with swipe up to unlock However I can’t swipe up to switch application or close application, anyone having same issues, one more thing swipe up Is working in landscape mode,I tried resetting my phone, under standing gestures, it’s very annoying

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 7:02 AM

That's weird.

In such a situation, I'd contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support , or make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2021 7:02 AM in response to mrwebtech

That's weird.

In such a situation, I'd contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support , or make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

Jul 19, 2021 9:08 AM in response to mrwebtech

This may have some relevance to your issue. I was having an issue with accidental swipe up closing games I was playing. In avoiding this I was able to set a delay of holding on the screen for a few seconds before swiping in recognizing the gesture for going to home screen or previous apps. Allowing me to hold and drag icons on the game that were placed in the same location as the bar at the bottom of the screen. I don't remember exactly the settings I did for this but accessibility was part of it. Trying to figure it out again currently. However it's something worth looking into in seeing if you have a similar setting that is causing the swipe up not being recognized due to a delay being required prior to the gesture

iOS 14.6 update, iPhone 11 swipe up to unlock working but Swipe up to close app or application switcher not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.