You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS update progress bar stuck

Hi

I wanted to update my iPhone 12 to the new iOS software (14.6) and I tried, but it has now been over an hour and the progress bar hasn't moved, I can only see the bar and the white logo. I tried every method already. Force restart numerous times, I tried to connect my iPhone to my mac (13" 2020 i5) with the USB-C - lightning cable and there wasn't any prompt like trust this device; my mac didn't detect any iphone. I re-connected then my wifi to see if anything would happen, but unsurprisingly nothing happened. I also downloaded a couple of softwares to my mac (Tenorshare ReiBoot), but as my mac can't detect the device it was useless. Now I have just unplugged my iphone and I will wait until the battery dies out completely to hopefully restart it somehow. I have problems with iCloud too so I wouldn't be happy with data loss, new to the ecosystem, but it doesn't feel that "magical". Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 9:08 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 7, 2021 9:18 AM in response to Aramhi_sensei

Hey there, Aramhi_sensei!

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you've done some really good troubleshooting so far and that helps narrow down our next steps. We think that the next best step is going to be trying to follow the guidance below. If you restore your iPhone please just note that this will erase the contents of the iPhone. As long as you had a recent backup, you can definitely restore that and be good to go. If not, then choose Update during the process below:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Scroll down to the section titled "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up".

We hope that this information is helpful.

​Have a great day!

Jun 7, 2021 10:34 AM in response to bailier

Hey Bailier

Thank you for reaching to me.

Situation is fruitless

My iPhone's battery has died out. I tried to press side button on without a charge, I have only a blinking apple logo. I charged my iPhone for half an hour and when I tried to power it on (I press only the side button for ~10 seconds) there appears only a white  logo and black screen for a really brief moment and then nothing happens.

I have already tried force restart, nothing happened. I tried to connect it to my overpriced mac, no device detected in finder as same with the reboot software. I do not have any malware on my mac; I have the latest versions of malwarebytes and etrecheckpro, and no I don't have those cleanmymac softwares and other. No suspicious apps on my iPhone, worked normally, just basic social media and finance apps; downloaded only from appstore. I did your recommended method too what you mentioned. No progress. So I'm here with the only options to do what? I got this iPhone as a gift so I probably can't return to a shop as I don't have receipt.

Thank you still for trying to offer help.

Have a nice day.

[Edited by Moderator]

iOS update progress bar stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.