Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with messages app on laptop syncing with phone messages

I am logged into messages on my laptop with the same icloud account as I use on my iphone, and I can send messages both using my laptop via the app and through my cell phone, but the conversations don't sync. I can send messages from both to my contacts.

How do they sync up?

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 1:31 PM

Your messages will synch between devices if you enable iCloud synch on those devices.

On your laptop, open the Messages app, click Messages > Preferences in the menu bar, click iMessage (top right) and check "Enable Messages in iCloud".

On your iPhone, open Settings, tap your name, tap iCloud and turn on Messages in the APPS USING ICLOUD section.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2021 1:31 PM in response to LucyTruluckBartholomew

Your messages will synch between devices if you enable iCloud synch on those devices.

On your laptop, open the Messages app, click Messages > Preferences in the menu bar, click iMessage (top right) and check "Enable Messages in iCloud".

On your iPhone, open Settings, tap your name, tap iCloud and turn on Messages in the APPS USING ICLOUD section.

Trouble with messages app on laptop syncing with phone messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.