Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing Location on Imessages

How does sharing location actually ping your phone? Like when you open it up does your location refresh or even when your not on your phone it still shows were you are

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 8:04 PM

If someone is sharing their location with you then you can see that person's location (live) in the Find My app. The location information is current as long as that person's iPhone is on and connected to the internet through Wi-Fi or a cellular network

For more information on this click here ➔ How to Find Friends and share your location with the Find My app.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2021 8:04 PM in response to BwaJayson

If someone is sharing their location with you then you can see that person's location (live) in the Find My app. The location information is current as long as that person's iPhone is on and connected to the internet through Wi-Fi or a cellular network

For more information on this click here ➔ How to Find Friends and share your location with the Find My app.

Axel F.

Sharing Location on Imessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.