Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dictation issue post 14.6 update ....I think

It seems like my dictation on iPhone 8 is having problems post recent 14.6 iOS update. I have to talk very loud or else it will time out while dictating. I have to say "Hey Siri" very loud now to get her to wake up. I have cleaned out speakers and mic areas. I have rebooted the phone. Really did seem to coincide with recent software update. Anyone else having this issue?

iPhone 8

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 7:43 PM

Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Scroll to the bottom to Enable Dictation. If it is already enabled, toggle it off and then restart your iPhone. Once it is powered back on, go back into your settings and toggle Dictation back on and test to see if the issue remains

6 replies

Jun 6, 2021 7:42 PM in response to zurmeees190

Before updating to the latest iOS 14.6 as told in your post what was your earlier iOS version. Then you can look into the iOS changes that have happened between the earlier version on your iPhone and this new version that you have updated now. 

This will give you a broader idea of the issue if it is directly linked to the iOS version or is triggered by something else.

Dictation issue post 14.6 update ....I think

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.