Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No "Other" workout option on Apple Watch 6

I am trying to add other workouts (e.g. cycling, swimming) to the workout app on my Apple Watch 6 Sport (running system 7.5). However, when I go to the Workout app on the watch, the only options I have are the following:

Outdoor Walk

Outdoor Run

Outdoor Hike

Indoor Walk

Indoor Run

Indoor Other

I don't have an "Other" option to add a new type of workout. Everything I've searched says to add a new workout by choosing "Other" but that isn't an option, and choosing "Indoor Other" doesn't give me the option to create a new type. And I've had the watch since February and I don't recall there being other options in the past.

Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

Apple Watch Sport

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 8:06 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 6, 2021 8:25 PM in response to cocteau17

Something sure seems way off in your setup. There should not even be such a thing as "Indoor Other" !

Try deleting and reinstalling the Activity app from your watch. Hopefully that returns things back to normal.

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the issue remains, the next corrective action would be to unpair and re-pair the watch with your iPhone. That will restore factory settings and behaviour, while keeping your apps and data intact. You can start that from here:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

No "Other" workout option on Apple Watch 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.