Apple Watch Workout Options- why so limited?

Why are there so few options in workout? Who would it hurt to have more activity options? Virtually every other fitness device recognizes activities like vigorous housework or yard work. These can be pretty engaging activities.

If I’m chopping wood, I have to select “other?” I’m sorry, but that’s so dumb. Chopping wood with an axe is one of the most cardio and physical activities I can do, but my watch only has an option to select that has a baseline of an outdoor walk.

Apple Watch SE

Posted on May 17, 2023 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2023 5:00 PM

On the whole, they do not.

I develop software for a Fortune 500 company (and no it is not Apple; my company is 1/10th the size of Apple). We do not have time to toll the internet looking for ideas. And if you actually consider the 1,000's and 1,000's of post that occur in all the discussions.apple.com forums each day, it is a lot for any developer to spend looking at it.

The feedback site is a way to funnel that information back to Apple. Granted it goes through various gatekeepers, but good ideas/suggestions can and do make it to the development group.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2023 5:00 PM in response to AppleWatchEverydayFitness

On the whole, they do not.

I develop software for a Fortune 500 company (and no it is not Apple; my company is 1/10th the size of Apple). We do not have time to toll the internet looking for ideas. And if you actually consider the 1,000's and 1,000's of post that occur in all the discussions.apple.com forums each day, it is a lot for any developer to spend looking at it.

The feedback site is a way to funnel that information back to Apple. Granted it goes through various gatekeepers, but good ideas/suggestions can and do make it to the development group.

Apple Watch Workout Options- why so limited?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.