Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Data

Can I continue to use my old iPhone if I transfer my data to a new iPhone I haven’t activated yet?

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 8:53 AM

Hello,

Yes, you can continue to use the old phone. In fact, you can use both phones going forward. Once cellular service has been transferred to the new phone, the old phone will continue to work as a communication device. You just won't be able to make voice calls on the old phone. Almost everything else will continue to work.

See this for transferring your data:

Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2021 8:53 AM in response to BSmith8657

Hello,

Yes, you can continue to use the old phone. In fact, you can use both phones going forward. Once cellular service has been transferred to the new phone, the old phone will continue to work as a communication device. You just won't be able to make voice calls on the old phone. Almost everything else will continue to work.

See this for transferring your data:

Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Good luck.

Transfer Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.