Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I transfer data from my phone after passing by quick start?

i have activated my new phone already, can I still transfer my data from my old phone?

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 9:55 PM

Yes you can, however, you will have to restore your new iPhone back to factory settings and begin the set up procedure again. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Transfer or Reset iPhone ➡️ Erase All Content & Settings: This action will reset the iPhone as new and back to factory settings. You can begin the setup process and get to Quick Start.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 9:55 PM in response to NyonkonJurry

Yes you can, however, you will have to restore your new iPhone back to factory settings and begin the set up procedure again. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Transfer or Reset iPhone ➡️ Erase All Content & Settings: This action will reset the iPhone as new and back to factory settings. You can begin the setup process and get to Quick Start.

Axel F.

Oct 5, 2022 10:11 PM in response to NyonkonJurry

NO. If you have a physical SIM card in your iPhone then your telephone number and your cellular service will continue to function after the reset. If you have an iPhone 14 with an eSIM, then before the Erase All Contents & Settings command is carried out, you will have the option to keep the eSIM activated with your carrier. You should opt to keep the eSIM.

Axel F.

Can I transfer data from my phone after passing by quick start?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.