Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover images/videos from a broken iPad that is backed up with iCloud but iCloud storage is full?

Hello, my iPad has stopped working completely and is backed up with iCloud however my iCloud storage is full and does not have those images on it, if I pay for more storage will the images on the broken iPad be transferred to my iCloud?

Thanks.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 2:00 PM

No, not if as you say it is broken and completely non-functional. If it is non-functional, there is no way to back it up, with or without more iCloud space. A device has to be capable of normal function in order to execute a backup or sync.

It is always the case that a backup needs to be made, and kept current before a disaster strikes. Afterwards, you have no options to save unsaved data.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2021 2:00 PM in response to NoahTheMower

No, not if as you say it is broken and completely non-functional. If it is non-functional, there is no way to back it up, with or without more iCloud space. A device has to be capable of normal function in order to execute a backup or sync.

It is always the case that a backup needs to be made, and kept current before a disaster strikes. Afterwards, you have no options to save unsaved data.

How to recover images/videos from a broken iPad that is backed up with iCloud but iCloud storage is full?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.