Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switch audio device iPadOS

Hi, my iPad defaults audio to the last device connected. For example when I connect to a monitor it will route audio the monitor. Or if have I have Bluetooth connected and want to listen with the built in speakers. Is there a way to pick the device the iPad uses for audio?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 12:26 PM

Hello alzojames,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand you want to change the audio source on your iPad. We're happy to assist you with this.

Check out the section of this article that states "Stream music to Bluetooth or AirPlay-enabled devices": Play music on iPad

You can also change it by long pressing on the Bluetooth symbol in Control Center for Bluetooth connected devices: Access Control Center on your iPad

Best Regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 12:26 PM in response to alzojames

Hello alzojames,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand you want to change the audio source on your iPad. We're happy to assist you with this.

Check out the section of this article that states "Stream music to Bluetooth or AirPlay-enabled devices": Play music on iPad

You can also change it by long pressing on the Bluetooth symbol in Control Center for Bluetooth connected devices: Access Control Center on your iPad

Best Regards.

Switch audio device iPadOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.