Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac m1 mini not loading onto recovery mode nor updating

I have been trying to load into recovery mode on my m1 mac mini to no avail. I shut down my mac, pressed the power button, and held it... however, instead of getting the recovery menu, I am left with a black screen and an amber blinking light on the mac mini.

Please note that the mac is function perfectly EXCEPT for:

1. Recovery mode
  2. update for mac os keep on failing due to "download failed: an error has occurred while downloading the selected updates. please check your internet connection and try again"

I have everything backed up and I simply want to start fresh with a clean mac os

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 7:27 PM

Visit > https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/macos-recovery-a-mac-apple-silicon-mchl82829c17/mac and see if you missed something that might help.

If that doesn't help, then your best bet is to contact Apple Support or your local Apple Service Provider.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 7, 2021 5:59 PM in response to mhdkaram1988

Try resetting your NVRAM by shutting down the computer, pressing the power button to power it on, then holding down Command Option P and R keys all at once until you hear the startup chime two or three times then release. If you want to test recovery mode then quickly release and press the regular keys for recovery mode command and R. If that doesn't work try booting into Internet Recovery Mode with Command Option and R.

mac m1 mini not loading onto recovery mode nor updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.