Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing a DVD on my MacBook Pro

I bought a new MacBook pro in dec. I just decided to connect my super drive and it doesn't seem to work. the superdrive isn't new... is that the problem? It is connect through a 9 in 1 hyper drive hub

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 11:13 PM

"Playing a DVD on my MacBook Pro: I bought a new MacBook pro in dec. I just decided to connect my super drive and it doesn't seem to work. the superdrive isn't new... is that the problem? It is connect through a 9 in 1 hyper drive hub"

-------

Three Things:

A. The Hub Being the Culprit:

It's probably the hub not having enough power. So, connect it directly into the computer. Or use an external-powered USB Hub

B. Being a Used Device:

As for a used device, it may or may not be damaged. There's no way for anyone here to know.

C. Verify the Connection:

See if the SuperDrive is even seen: 

1. Hold Down: the Option key
  2. Click: the Apple menu
  3. Select:: About this Mac...
  4. Click: System Report... button
  5. Select: Disc Burning (on the left of screen)
  6. Look For: this SuperDrive
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2021 11:13 PM in response to karen R.B.

"Playing a DVD on my MacBook Pro: I bought a new MacBook pro in dec. I just decided to connect my super drive and it doesn't seem to work. the superdrive isn't new... is that the problem? It is connect through a 9 in 1 hyper drive hub"

-------

Three Things:

A. The Hub Being the Culprit:

It's probably the hub not having enough power. So, connect it directly into the computer. Or use an external-powered USB Hub

B. Being a Used Device:

As for a used device, it may or may not be damaged. There's no way for anyone here to know.

C. Verify the Connection:

See if the SuperDrive is even seen: 

1. Hold Down: the Option key
  2. Click: the Apple menu
  3. Select:: About this Mac...
  4. Click: System Report... button
  5. Select: Disc Burning (on the left of screen)
  6. Look For: this SuperDrive

Playing a DVD on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.