Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad not working

My iPad is stuck on the Apple logo I’ve tried to charge the iPad and it won’t charge. I’m using the official cable. I bought it from Argos and is still under guarantee. Do I need to take it to Apple store or Argos ?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 1:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 2:28 AM

Before taking it to Argos (I don't know if they are Apple Authorized Service Providers or just Resellers), try a "forced" restart of your iPad, using these instructions:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top (power) button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 20-40 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear).

As far as charging is concerned, see also the steps provided here:--> If your iPad won't charge - Apple Support

If the issue persists, then yes, make an appointment and have your iPad inspected.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 2:28 AM in response to emma from nr bridgend

Before taking it to Argos (I don't know if they are Apple Authorized Service Providers or just Resellers), try a "forced" restart of your iPad, using these instructions:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top (power) button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 20-40 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear).

As far as charging is concerned, see also the steps provided here:--> If your iPad won't charge - Apple Support

If the issue persists, then yes, make an appointment and have your iPad inspected.

Regards

Giulio

iPad not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.