Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is not synchronizing with iCloud

I am using iCloud to save my photos, but suddenly my iPhone is not synchronizig with Photos in iCloud.

If I take a photo with my iPhone, I can immediately see the photo ind both the cloud and on my iPad - but i does not work the other way round: All photos taken after the 5th of June are not visible on my iPhone. It says, in the bottom of the album, that it is updated, but I cannot se the photos - and photos that i recently deleted in my iPad, stille appear in my phone.

iCloud, of course, is turned on in all devices.

Hope to get help.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 12:07 PM

LouiseMS,

Thank you for clarifying for us. Yes, there can be an issue syncing iCloud Photos to any devices if there isn't enough space. The articles below should help you be able to update to the latest iOS and possibly help make space for your photos to sync to your iPhone:

Let us know if that helps. Best wishes.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2021 12:07 PM in response to LouiseMS

LouiseMS,

Thank you for clarifying for us. Yes, there can be an issue syncing iCloud Photos to any devices if there isn't enough space. The articles below should help you be able to update to the latest iOS and possibly help make space for your photos to sync to your iPhone:

Let us know if that helps. Best wishes.

Jun 10, 2021 8:30 AM in response to LouiseMS

Louise,

We're glad that your photos are now syncing properly. iCloud Photos allows you to keep all your photos up to date across devices and will take storage on each devices you use iCloud Photos with. You can go into Settings > Photos > Optimize iPhone Storage which may help as it puts a lower resolution image on your device, but you can download the full resolution photo when you'd like. It'll mainly help you have more storage.

Also, in Settings > General > iPhone Storage, you may seem some recommendations for your storage which could help. If needed, you can also offload apps that you may not use as much to help clear some space. Offloading will remove the app itself, but keeps the app data.

Cheers.

Jun 9, 2021 7:20 AM in response to LouiseMS

Hey LouiseMS,

It appears there is an issue happening with iCloud Photos and your iPhone. To make sure we understand, photos you've taken on your iPhone after June 5th aren't appearing on your iPhone itself? Are you able to take a photo on your iPad and see it in iCloud and on your iPhone? Additional details can possibly help us determine next steps.

If you haven't already, you can see if restarting your iPhone may help: Restart your iPhone It can seem like a simple step, but it can sometimes help resolve issues.

You'll want to make sure your iPhone is fully updated: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch If there is an available update, you'll want to make sure that you back up your iPhone first: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Also, this article might be helpful: Get help with iCloud Photos

Take care!

Jun 9, 2021 8:10 AM in response to claire504

Thank you very much for your reply.

Sorry, I wasn't clear: The issue is that I take photos with my Canon camera. I transfer the pictures from my camera to my iPad, and I can immediately see these photos in iCloud. But I can't see the pictures in my iPhone. All pictures that I have transferred to my iPad (and iCloud) after the 5th of June, aren't visible in my iPhone. The other way round: If it take a picture with my iPhone, it immediately appears in both iCloud and my iPad.

In short: The problem is to synchronize FROM iCloud TO iPhone.

It has never been af problem before?

I have tried to restart. But I can now see that theres is an update available, iOS 14.6, but my iPhone says, that there is not enough free space to update. Could that be the problem?

Thanks again.

Jun 10, 2021 2:16 AM in response to claire504

Thank you!

After corresponding with you I tried to remove files and apps from my iPhone and then restarted it. When I turned it on again it immediately started to sync with iCloud. So - for now the problem is solved. Today I have then updated my phone.

But - what worries me now is what happens when I keep transferring new photos to my iCloud - will that eventually occupy too much space in my iPhone? I thougt the idea with iCloud was to always have enough space for photos (I pay every month for 2 TB) - and that my different devices only contain thumb nails of all the photos.

Right now Photos app occupy 7,97 GB of my 32 GB - and I total I have only 3,1 GB left. What can I do to free up more space on my device? All my apps are being downloaded only if I use them. What else can I do to optimize storage?

Best,

Louise

iPhone is not synchronizing with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.