Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blinking volume lights on HomePod

How do I get the volume lights to stop blinking? May have been a power issue overnight.

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 7:46 AM

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, ksparks26.

We would be happy to help assist with what you're experiencing with your HomePod. Can you tell us if you've been able to successfully restart the HomePod through the Home app? If not, let's have you work through the steps in the "Restart HomePod" section of the article below and see if the blinking stops.

If HomePod isn't responding

If your HomePod doesn't respond, or the blinking continues after a restart, go ahead and unplug HomePod from power, wait 15 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.

Let us know if this helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2021 7:46 AM in response to ksparks26

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, ksparks26.

We would be happy to help assist with what you're experiencing with your HomePod. Can you tell us if you've been able to successfully restart the HomePod through the Home app? If not, let's have you work through the steps in the "Restart HomePod" section of the article below and see if the blinking stops.

If HomePod isn't responding

If your HomePod doesn't respond, or the blinking continues after a restart, go ahead and unplug HomePod from power, wait 15 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.

Let us know if this helps.

Jul 5, 2021 6:49 PM in response to SnickZ.

I have the same issue. I tried several times to reset and after the red spinning light to restart no Siri reset message apears goes back to the blinking volume icons. I tried another method of unplugging and press the top for about 15 seconds and then unplug and plug and hold down and I was able to reset. But after activating the homepod about 10 minutes the volume icon started blinking again.

Blinking volume lights on HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.