Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods sound balancing issue, right side is much louder than the left side.

I had bought apple's AirPods pro in Dec 2020 and I started feeling that the right side airport is louder than the left side and I explained the same to the apple service center and got new AirPods for both sides L and R. But the new replacement AirPods have the same issue. The right side is louder as compared to the left one. Especially, it is much more noticeable with the system sounds, which are louder in the right AirPod, and the sound that I hear while I am on a call is also louder on the right airpod. While listening to songs the issue is not much noticeable. I have tried with other devices, such as MacBook, other iPhones, and the problem still persists.

I have few more points to add:

• The replacement AirPods are new (0 days old) so I don't think it's a cleanliness issue(related to wax).
  • I have tried with multiple devices, so I don't think it's a device-related issue.
  • I have tried updating the firmware of the AirPods, the iOS version of my iPhone, and other iPhones I have tried it on. So every device that I have tried it on is updated to the latest version of S/W.
  • I have tried resetting them.
  • The balancing thing in the accessibility option is already at the center.
  • I have the earpods too that used to come in the iPhone boxes earlier and it sounds perfectly balanced.

I have heard solutions stating that changing the balance slider will solve the issue, but why can't the AirPods sound centered when the slider is already at the center? Also changing the slider to L or R also decrease the overall volume of the AirPods. Why the problem has to be solved on the s/w level and why is it not centered on the h/w level itself?

When I gave the AirPods first time to the apple certified service center they gave me new ones but the new ones they gave me have the same issue, now the apple support is asking me to go and get it checked again, in this pandemic time where people are minimizing their outdoor trips I have to go their service center multiple times. Can't your service center provide a solution to my issue in one go?

My 10$ earphones have better sound balancing than this expensive AirPods pro, I am very dissatisfied with the product and the service that apple provided me this time.

And many people are facing the same issue from what I have seen on the online forums, can't apple take responsibility and solve this issue?

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 5:29 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Airpods sound balancing issue, right side is much louder than the left side.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.