Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music cannot complete library synchronization

Hello

Due to the release of lossless for Apple Music, I deleted all my downloaded music that was in AAC to begin redownloading in ALAC.

When doing so I noticed that songs were still downloading in the original format so I decided to turn off Sync library in the music settings and restart my iphone 11 and attempt again. But now when I open the music app I see the loading bar saying syncing library at 0% complete and all the music I purchased from the iTunes Store before I joined Apple Music. The loading bar then disappears and I am left with the random songs.

I have reset my iphone to the latest backup, deauthorized and reauthorized itunes on my windows PC, as well as signed out of and resigned into all my apple ID accounts throughout all my devices and web browsers but nothing has had any effect.

Anyone have any ideas how to proceed? Thanks!!

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 9:30 AM

Thanks for your assistance!

As a matter of fact my library seemed to spontaneously synchronize overnight, I woke up to everything available again.

I believe the large size of my library contributed to the delay in finishing the sync.

2 replies

Jun 9, 2021 9:27 AM in response to vinylgroover

Hello vinylgroover,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are seeing an issue with redownloading songs in Apple Music and syncing your library. We are happy to provide some guidance.

If you are missing songs after enabling Sync Library setting, we have a great article that goes over some good information on what to check and steps to take. Take a look at those steps here:

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library

We would also want to make sure that the setting for Lossless is enabled in Settings > Music. You can read more about enabling that here:

About lossless audio in Apple Music

We hope this information helps.

Best Regards.

Apple Music cannot complete library synchronization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.