Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to share photos to FB or IG with MacBook Air

My new macbook air MI will not allow sharing from photos to facebook or instagram. Spent 2 days trying to figure it out. Help please? What to do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 6:51 PM

Wow sorry about all the trouble your system is giving you!

There are two ways you can do this (they work with any service, not just Facebook/instagram)--choose depending on the social media service.

One--the longer but surefire way: Open Photos on your Mac, then select the photo(s) you want to share. Choose File>Export>Export Photos>Export. Choose the place on you computer where you would like to export to, then click Export. Now, open the folder in Finder where you exported the photos to, and drag them into your new social media post in your internet browser.

Two--the simpler way: If there is a 'Choose file', or 'Pick from Computer' button on the website you want to upload to, click it and it will open a Finder window. Scroll down in the sidebar and choose Media>Photos. Select the photos you want to upload and click Open.

Let me know this solved your problem by hitting 'This solved my question'. Thx and God bless! #Psalm23

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 6:51 PM in response to Llhorn

Wow sorry about all the trouble your system is giving you!

There are two ways you can do this (they work with any service, not just Facebook/instagram)--choose depending on the social media service.

One--the longer but surefire way: Open Photos on your Mac, then select the photo(s) you want to share. Choose File>Export>Export Photos>Export. Choose the place on you computer where you would like to export to, then click Export. Now, open the folder in Finder where you exported the photos to, and drag them into your new social media post in your internet browser.

Two--the simpler way: If there is a 'Choose file', or 'Pick from Computer' button on the website you want to upload to, click it and it will open a Finder window. Scroll down in the sidebar and choose Media>Photos. Select the photos you want to upload and click Open.

Let me know this solved your problem by hitting 'This solved my question'. Thx and God bless! #Psalm23

Unable to share photos to FB or IG with MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.