Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos!!

Please someone, tell me how to share photos from my Photos app on Macbook. A few months ago the dropdown menu which appeared at top RH of the Photos page, suddenly lost the option for Facebook to click on. All other options to share are still there, i.e Mail, Messages, Notes, Desktop picture etc. Apple says to contact Facebook, have done, several times and no answer! I really need this back in operation. Anyone help please?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 5:45 AM

The integration of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Vimeo) has been removed from Apple devices for quite some time now, first from the iPhone and and iPad, when iOS 11 came out in 2017, and a year later from the Mac as well, with the release of macOS 10.14 Mojave. We can no longer set up the accounts Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Vimeo for sharing directly in Mojave or Catalina. I think, it is for security reasons.

To be able to share to social websites directly from Photos, the website has to provide an app with a sharing extension, that can be called from Photos, see the Photos user guide:Share photos using other apps and websites in Photos on Mac - Apple Support.

We have to wait for Facebook to provide such an extension.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2020 5:45 AM in response to Rockchick41

The integration of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Vimeo) has been removed from Apple devices for quite some time now, first from the iPhone and and iPad, when iOS 11 came out in 2017, and a year later from the Mac as well, with the release of macOS 10.14 Mojave. We can no longer set up the accounts Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Vimeo for sharing directly in Mojave or Catalina. I think, it is for security reasons.

To be able to share to social websites directly from Photos, the website has to provide an app with a sharing extension, that can be called from Photos, see the Photos user guide:Share photos using other apps and websites in Photos on Mac - Apple Support.

We have to wait for Facebook to provide such an extension.

Feb 14, 2020 3:16 PM in response to Rockchick41

Hi there, Rockchick41.

I see that you're needing some help sharing photos fro the Photos application on your Mac to Facebook, and I'm glad to help with this.

Facebook Help Center - How do I share photos on Facebook? -- You can't share photos from the Photos application any longer. You need to share them from inside Facebook. These are the steps Facebook provides.

Take care.

Photos!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.