Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access Photos library to upload to Facebook using MacBook Air

Hello - Trying to upload a couple of pics to Facebook and when I attempt to access my Photos library by clicking the Add Photos/Videos icon within the posting space, the wheel just spins and spins - I've given it ten minutes or so each time but I've canceled out twice now. I found a thread from 2018 that indicated the first time you try to upload to Facebook after an upgrade it can take a really long time - the person was advised to let it spin for over 24 hours - but honestly, that can't be the right answer! Plus, who has that kind of time, right? :) So I'm wondering if there's something I need to do differently here. Thanks!

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 2:30 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 15, 2021 11:40 AM in response to TonyCollinet

The wheel has now been spinning for over 112 hours. I'm going to pull the plug at this point. Part of me wants to let it keep spinning, just to see how long it takes, but the larger part of me wants to be able to use my Macbook again.

I have to say I'm very surprised this is such a problem on Macs. I have a work-issued PC that has no such issue. It's odd.

I guess I'll just create a folder for pictures I want to be able to upload to emails and social media. Thanks for that tip!

Unable to access Photos library to upload to Facebook using MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.