Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not selecting some images or albums

Can anyone explain why I can no longer select any of my photos from my library to Facebook ? Photos seems stuck on one of my albums, and I cannot get past it.

I can select and post a photo to FB via my iphone, but not from my Macbook (Big Sur 11.3)

This is a recent change. Is there a remedy ?

Thanks all,

B

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 4, 2021 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 7:36 AM

You should first be seeing "Photos Library" under Photos, and click Photos Library, and then wait.

This will open your System Photos Library. If your Photos Library is not your System Photos Library, you have to enable it as the System Photos Library in Photos > preferences > General.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2021 7:36 AM in response to bapco

You should first be seeing "Photos Library" under Photos, and click Photos Library, and then wait.

This will open your System Photos Library. If your Photos Library is not your System Photos Library, you have to enable it as the System Photos Library in Photos > preferences > General.

May 4, 2021 2:57 AM in response to bapco

When you are on the Facebook page and click the Photo/Video button to upload a photo, you should be able to browse the Photos Library. It is still working for me on the current system version.

Does the media browser look like shown below for you, when you click on "Media > Photos" in the sidebar? If the Album section is too small and you cannot select an album, drag the dividing line between the list of albums and the photos down (grab the tiny dot on the separator line when dragging).

After enlarging the Album section I could select different albums.

May 7, 2021 4:06 AM in response to bapco

here is a screenshot of where the link to add a photo from Facebook takes me....I see it defaults me to icloud drive, and I would prefer it to take me to my laptop or photos instead, but I am not sure how, or what happened to change things. I have always been able to post any and all photos with out issue for years.

Thanks very much,

PS: In attempting to load the screenshot from photos, I could not do it from the photos library. I first had to drag it to the ONE Album marked "Bruce" (the only one accessable) to be able to add it to my reply, so it isnt just Facebook, but in the hierarchy of the photos and the cloud somehow ( I think)

May 7, 2021 4:31 AM in response to bapco

Here is a screenshot of the only album I can see when I click on photos in the drop down on the left side. The last photo in this album is the screenshot I took and saved to the Library, then dragged over to the album "bruce" so that I could share it. This one album named "Bruce" is the only accessible one from my photos application. YET I can accesss all of my albums on my iphone 10 ????

Photos not selecting some images or albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.