Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting calls that say my Apple ID has been compromised so I block the caller but somehow they unblocked the call and called me with the same number and many other numbers …how can someone unblock something I have blocked?

I keep getting calls about my Apple ID being compromised..so I block the numbers but one of the numbers called again …how can they unblock my block? If I can’t block the number how do I end this madness?

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 3:23 PM

I don't find blocking individual numbers to be very effective because the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed and frequently changed.

One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 3:23 PM in response to thiata@wildblue

I don't find blocking individual numbers to be very effective because the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed and frequently changed.

One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

I keep getting calls that say my Apple ID has been compromised so I block the caller but somehow they unblocked the call and called me with the same number and many other numbers …how can someone unblock something I have blocked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.