Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete an iMessage on MacBook Air without opening the text/clicking on it. M1, 2020

I have recevied a spam text from a gmail account and deleted it on my iphone without opening it. 

The message remains "unread" on my computer in iMessages. Like many I have had difficulties with Malware and do not want to open or click on the text & expose my computer. 

How can I delete this text on my MacBookAir without clicking on the text message? The system seems to have us click on the message in order to "Report Junk" but I need to Report Junk/Delete the text without opening the text.

Actions taken:

+ Created the spam email address a contact & have blocked the contact.

+ Restarted the phone and the computer.

+ All other text messages automatically sync between computer and iPhone.

+ Synced the phone & MBA.

+ Messages>Preferences>@messages>Settings and clicked "Sync Now"

Thank you!

MacBook Air, M1, 2020. Big Sur 11.4.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 6:35 PM

if you have other conversations saved in Messages on your Mac, you can ctrl+click the conversation in the sidebar (where profile picture is shown) and hit 'Delete Conversation'.

hope this helps!

2 replies

How to delete an iMessage on MacBook Air without opening the text/clicking on it. M1, 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.