Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages, Sections with Different Headers, Pages 10.3.5

When I attempt to create a new section, the option “Starting with this page” does not always appear.

When it does appear and I select it, no new section is created: the new section header overrides the header of what should be the prior section. When I looked at the document’s Page Tumbnails, no new section appears.

How do I solve this?

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 7:14 PM

Try this:

Place the insertion point at the end of the text on what is to be the last page of the current section.

Go Insert (menu) > Section break.

Click to place the insertion point on the next page.

Click the Document button, then choose Section to open the Section inspector panel.

• Click to uncheck the "Match previous section" checkbox.
  • If you do not see the other two items marked below in your inspector, you should see an Insert Page numbers item where this shows "Page Numbering". Click that to show these items.
  • Choose a format from the pop-up menu displaying 1, 2, 3…
  • Choose a starting number from the stepper cell.

Your ducument Inspector may have a different appearance fom this one from an earlier version, but the actions and labelling should be similar.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 7:14 PM in response to XMarlinX

Try this:

Place the insertion point at the end of the text on what is to be the last page of the current section.

Go Insert (menu) > Section break.

Click to place the insertion point on the next page.

Click the Document button, then choose Section to open the Section inspector panel.

• Click to uncheck the "Match previous section" checkbox.
  • If you do not see the other two items marked below in your inspector, you should see an Insert Page numbers item where this shows "Page Numbering". Click that to show these items.
  • Choose a format from the pop-up menu displaying 1, 2, 3…
  • Choose a starting number from the stepper cell.

Your ducument Inspector may have a different appearance fom this one from an earlier version, but the actions and labelling should be similar.

Regards,

Barry

Pages, Sections with Different Headers, Pages 10.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.