Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving iMessage on Android phone

A friend has a MacBook but uses an Android phone. When I send an iMessage it shows as Blue but doesn't get to her phone. I assume that's because iMessage is sending to her MacBook. How can I direct to phone? Thanks.

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 10:11 AM

In a case like this, you may find it useful to have two different contacts for your friend. Call one "Amelia Earhart - email" and use it for their email address. Call the other "Amelia Earhart - phone" and use it for their phone number. That should help keep Messages from trying to preferentially send using their email address (which is their Apple ID).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 10:11 AM in response to Tom Risor

In a case like this, you may find it useful to have two different contacts for your friend. Call one "Amelia Earhart - email" and use it for their email address. Call the other "Amelia Earhart - phone" and use it for their phone number. That should help keep Messages from trying to preferentially send using their email address (which is their Apple ID).

Jun 10, 2021 9:43 AM in response to Tom Risor

Hello Tom,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you'd like to send iMessages to an Android phone.

iMessages can be send through Apple devices, but not non-Apple devices. Check out more on this here: About iMessage and SMS/MMS

In order to send a message to an Android device, you'd want to send it to their phone number, not their Apple ID using iMessage.

We'd also suggest to provide Apple with any feedback you may have about this: Product Feedback

Wishing you the best, take care!

Not receiving iMessage on Android phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.