You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home button awful noise

My fairly new and undamaged iPhone 8 has started making an awful sound and buzzing sensation when I press the home button. The sound also sometimes happens when I slide the ringer on the side. How do I turn it off? It’s extremely irritating and very, very loud!

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 8:26 AM

1 reply

Jun 10, 2021 10:20 AM in response to LauraKL

Hi LauraKL,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We appreciate you reaching out for help with this buzzing sensation you're noting when using the Home button and Ring/Silent switch. Let's get to the bottom of it together.

To start, let us know more about what's going on. Did this issue begin suddenly, or has it been present since first use of your device? Does it happen every time your iPhone provides haptic feedback? For example, what happens when you head into Settings > Sounds & Haptics, and tap on Ringtone > Vibration, select a random vibration? Does the same buzzing sound occur with each vibration pattern you try?

Have you had a chance to restart your iPhone since first noticing this behavior. If not, please do so now. Here's a guide with the recommended steps for a standard restart:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Here's a guide with more information:

Change iPhone sounds and vibrations - Apple Support

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Have a great day!

Home button awful noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.