Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.6 battery drain iPhone very fast: Siri possible culprit. Turn off “learn from this app” nosiness

I am wondering whether Siri and all its background learning is part of the battery drain problem here. It seems like podcasts was part of the problem, but Siri runs background all the time, “learning“. I’m going to try turning all of those off one by one. I don’t want Siri learning About me anyway, I wanted to tell me about things I don’t know.

What do you all think?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 11:31 AM

Hey there, Chance2p0!

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! If we understand correctly, you're looking for information about the battery performance on your iPhone. We are glad you reached out to the Communities with your question. We will do all we can to help you find the answers you need.

With all lithium-ion batteries, the maximum capacity will diminish over time as the battery ages chemically. How fast this occurs will vary, depending on a variety of factors. Check out this link to learn more about the iPhone Battery and Performance. Additionally, here are some suggested steps to help with Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan.

If you've recently updated the software on your iPhone, the battery may be in the process of recalibrating. Here's a guide with more details About recalibration of battery health reporting in iOS 14.5.

We hope this information helps you out.

Take care!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 11:31 AM in response to Chance2p0

Hey there, Chance2p0!

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! If we understand correctly, you're looking for information about the battery performance on your iPhone. We are glad you reached out to the Communities with your question. We will do all we can to help you find the answers you need.

With all lithium-ion batteries, the maximum capacity will diminish over time as the battery ages chemically. How fast this occurs will vary, depending on a variety of factors. Check out this link to learn more about the iPhone Battery and Performance. Additionally, here are some suggested steps to help with Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan.

If you've recently updated the software on your iPhone, the battery may be in the process of recalibrating. Here's a guide with more details About recalibration of battery health reporting in iOS 14.5.

We hope this information helps you out.

Take care!

Jun 10, 2021 6:24 PM in response to genieen16

I think there’s something about iOS 14.6 that is using a lot of battery energy. So far I haven’t seen a single Apple support reply that addresses directly the question of whether iOS 14.6 is using excessive battery energy. Frankly it seems like you’re avoiding the question.

I would guess there’s a lot of machine learning going on and it’s chewing up the battery capacity.

Please face the question and answer directly and honestlywhether the new Software version, 14.6, is using more energy/power than the previous version, and why.

iOS 14.6 battery drain iPhone very fast: Siri possible culprit. Turn off “learn from this app” nosiness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.