Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Address Book

Once I drag my AddressBook to the desktop and restart my iMac to generate a new address folder, what do I do with the AddressBook on my desktop? Do I move it back into the library? Or, do I delete it?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 11:57 AM

Hi there!

It sounds like you are having issues using Address Book on your Mac. We’d like to help however we can.

To start, which version of macOS is your iMac running?

Find out which macOS your Mac is using

Also, here’s a great resource on how to use the Contacts app which is what Address Book is now called in macOS:

Contacts User Guide

If you need further assistance after looking over that, please provide more details on what exactly you are trying to do with Address Book.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 11:57 AM in response to Pooey's Dad

Hi there!

It sounds like you are having issues using Address Book on your Mac. We’d like to help however we can.

To start, which version of macOS is your iMac running?

Find out which macOS your Mac is using

Also, here’s a great resource on how to use the Contacts app which is what Address Book is now called in macOS:

Contacts User Guide

If you need further assistance after looking over that, please provide more details on what exactly you are trying to do with Address Book.

Cheers!

Address Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.