Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Database software....?

Back in the day....I used Apple Works and then Microsoft Works, using their database components for keeping customer info for my small business; they were easy to use, formatting fields & records, outputting selected records for mail merge etc. I'm looking for a current program that will accomplish that but needs to be easy to use. Doesn't need to be part of a suite, it would be single-user, and I'm hoping not to have to pay a big monthly subscription for my non-profit work. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 6:06 PM

Technically, if it's a very "basic" database (and not too long), just the mac software "Numbers" (Mac included software...) and it provides almost the same flexibility as ...Ms Excel to create basic recording, formatting and even basic coding.

At the university, because of the ratio of students on mac, we present database basics in management on Microsoft Office, and i've seen small businesses in real-life on MsExcel to keep logs and data...far from optimal and many online websites with "made for smes databases".

Maybe search the web just for "online ERP for SME" and you'll probably find very user-friendly database logging-software and probably the whole thing will be simpler than keeping an excel file "clean" and exporting it correctly

Last suggestion; if you find an interesting SME...tell them you are a non-profit but that if they gave you a free-license that you offer a x-page report on you learning their platform and what is; unclear, missing, in need of x, y, z Maybe they will offer you support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2021 6:06 PM in response to Dan Dan the Yearbook Man

Technically, if it's a very "basic" database (and not too long), just the mac software "Numbers" (Mac included software...) and it provides almost the same flexibility as ...Ms Excel to create basic recording, formatting and even basic coding.

At the university, because of the ratio of students on mac, we present database basics in management on Microsoft Office, and i've seen small businesses in real-life on MsExcel to keep logs and data...far from optimal and many online websites with "made for smes databases".

Maybe search the web just for "online ERP for SME" and you'll probably find very user-friendly database logging-software and probably the whole thing will be simpler than keeping an excel file "clean" and exporting it correctly

Last suggestion; if you find an interesting SME...tell them you are a non-profit but that if they gave you a free-license that you offer a x-page report on you learning their platform and what is; unclear, missing, in need of x, y, z Maybe they will offer you support

Database software....?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.