Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My health app does not recognize any data sources. I cannot sync to my apple watch.

I've tried everything in the forums, however, the Health app simply will not recognize any data sources. Looking for new suggestions.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 8:34 PM

Thanks for your suggestions. I ended up calling Apple support and they were very helpful. I had to erase my phone. There must have been another app conflicting with the Health app that wouldn’t allow the Health app to retain my health details. After restoring my phone, the app finally worked.

6 replies

Jun 10, 2021 8:35 PM in response to lakelife--

Its not there, at the bottom under Settings > Privacy > Health and Settings > Health ? Well yes, I guess that can be, if nothing was never recorded.

Since there is no way to uninstall and reinstall the Health app, I would go thru the unpair and re-pair sequence twice again. This would a kind of sanity check as well. On your first pairing, select Set Up As New and install no apps or analytics. The idea is that this will return the factory settings and we should be able to see the Health app in operation then, and together with your Apple ID and health information.

Once that is working correctly, unpair again and then during second pair select the backup that was automatically taken during the first unpair. That will restore all your apps and data - and hopefully Health will still be working at that point too.

My health app does not recognize any data sources. I cannot sync to my apple watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.