You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music songs only play for 10-15sec

Hello, I just recently subscribed for 3 months free trial of Apple Music yesterday. It was working fine and wonderful for a couple of hours. Suddenly the songs won’t play anymore. Later on, the songs only play for 15sec every single time. I have checked my subscription and have logged on the correct account. I’m really disappointed with this bug. Please help… if this doesn’t work I’ll just go back to Spotify.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 10:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 4:17 PM

Hello TonMNazmi,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with Apple Music only playing 15 seconds.

If you play music through the phone and unpair or disconnect any headphones, does it play properly?

Does it play properly if you turn lossless on or off? About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support

Does it play properly connected to a different wireless network that meets these requirements? Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Or, you can turn Wi-Fi off and use your cellular connection. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and turn the slider off. Test if music plays properly using cellular data, ruling out network issues.

Please be aware that this will use your cellular data until you turn Wi-Fi back on. Thanks, let us know the results of your testing. Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2021 4:17 PM in response to TonMNazmi

Hello TonMNazmi,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with Apple Music only playing 15 seconds.

If you play music through the phone and unpair or disconnect any headphones, does it play properly?

Does it play properly if you turn lossless on or off? About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support

Does it play properly connected to a different wireless network that meets these requirements? Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Or, you can turn Wi-Fi off and use your cellular connection. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and turn the slider off. Test if music plays properly using cellular data, ruling out network issues.

Please be aware that this will use your cellular data until you turn Wi-Fi back on. Thanks, let us know the results of your testing. Cheers.

Apple Music songs only play for 10-15sec

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.