Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Silicon-Pages keeps crashing.

I have a new MacAir with the new Apple chip. The problem is that Pages keeps crashing while trying to open it or open any Pages document.

-I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No Change

-I tried safe reboot, opening ~/library/cache, trashing the cache, restarting the computer. No change

-I tried a malware scan and nothing turned up. No change

-This started after I installed Expert PDF. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 11:29 PM

Try updating the OS to the current version (11.4).

There's been a flood of posts with the same issue in the last few days, from users with M1 AND users with Intel processors. Common factor has been Big Sur in versions 11.1 to 11.3.

Those reporting an end to the issue had followed advice to update to macOS 11.4.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2021 11:29 PM in response to AngelaRH

Try updating the OS to the current version (11.4).

There's been a flood of posts with the same issue in the last few days, from users with M1 AND users with Intel processors. Common factor has been Big Sur in versions 11.1 to 11.3.

Those reporting an end to the issue had followed advice to update to macOS 11.4.

Regards,

Barry

Apple Silicon-Pages keeps crashing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.