Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I reset my apple iPad pro after reset requirs passcode I use 4 numbers before now require 6

I reset ipad pro 9.7 an now cannot open requiew 5 digit passcode used 4 precvioisly

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 7:01 AM

See the passcode options for 4 digit passcode, 6 digit passcode, or alphanumeric: Set a passcode on iPad - Apple Support

From the iPhone equivalent: Or tap Passcode Options to switch to a four-digit numeric code, a custom numeric code, or a custom alphanumeric code.

The approach Apple encourages is either a longer passcode or an alphanumeric password and either with Touch ID enabled. Touch ID then avoids having to enter a longer passcode or more secure password as often.

If the above is not the case and there’s no short passcode option available here, it’s possible that there’s some other setting or profile involved here requiring a more-secure-than-four passcode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 7:01 AM in response to Nflow10

See the passcode options for 4 digit passcode, 6 digit passcode, or alphanumeric: Set a passcode on iPad - Apple Support

From the iPhone equivalent: Or tap Passcode Options to switch to a four-digit numeric code, a custom numeric code, or a custom alphanumeric code.

The approach Apple encourages is either a longer passcode or an alphanumeric password and either with Touch ID enabled. Touch ID then avoids having to enter a longer passcode or more secure password as often.

If the above is not the case and there’s no short passcode option available here, it’s possible that there’s some other setting or profile involved here requiring a more-secure-than-four passcode.

I reset my apple iPad pro after reset requirs passcode I use 4 numbers before now require 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.