Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jump to the bottom of a photo album in iOS 14

Hello, I recently upgraded my iPad from iOS 13 to iOS 13 and noticed that I don’t how to jump to the end of an album anymore, since the bottom bar where I can tap on the Album icon to do that doesn’t seem to exist anymore. Is it still possible to do this in the new version?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 12:22 PM

Hello pantaipong,

We would like to help you with the Photos app. Simply tap the bottom of the screen to return to the bottom of the album.

Cheers!

8 replies

Jun 11, 2021 12:33 PM in response to pantaipong

Whilst there is not an explicit gesture to “jump” to the bottom of the page, you can easily and quickly scroll down through a long page in most Apps… including Photos.

As soon as you swipe upwards (to scroll down), a narrow scroll-bar appears at the extreme right-edge of the screen. Touch-and-hold the bar - and the bar will thicken; without lifting your finger, drag the scroll-bar downwards to rapidly scroll down the page. Likewise, dragging upwards scrolls back up the page. The presence of the scroll-bar is often (and easily) missed.

The visual length of the scroll-bar provides a relative indication of how much of the extended page is visible on-screen. The longer the page, the shorter the scroll-bar. The position of the scroll-bar in relation to the edge indicates your position in the page. 

Try this out on this page - and the scroll-bar will be about a half of the length of the right-hand edge of the screen. At time of writing this reply, this indicates that you can see about a half of the extended page on the screen. As more replies are added here, the page gets longer - and the scroll-bar proportionally shorter.

I hope this insight proves to be helpful in effectively navigating pages on your iPad.

Jun 13, 2021 12:46 AM in response to pantaipong

And therein lies your fundamental problem…

iOS for iPhone and iPadOS for iPad, although closely related, significantly differ in implementation of their UI (User Interface). UI gestures are “optimised” for the platform upon which the OS is running.

Not all functions/gestures are available on both platforms - indeed, some (including some embedded Apps) are only seen on one or other platform, not both.

Jump to the bottom of a photo album in iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.