Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Could not activate cellular data network”

I have tried everything from restarting my phone, turning on and off airplane mode, reinserting my SIM card, etc. And still, nothing has worked. I did everything the internet says and not one has worked for me. I don’t know what else to do. I would be at 3 or even 4 bars and my data still won’t work. I can’t open any apps unless I’m connected to wifi. This is a new SIM card I have bought too. When I first got it, it worked and I was able to use cellular data. Magically, within about an hour, it just stopped working. Please let me know if you know any other solutions.

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 6:21 PM

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities janice3827,

It sounds like you're having issues with cellular data, and are seeing a "Could not activate cellular network" message.

If you haven't yet, make sure AirPlane mode is not enabled, and Cellular Data is switched on in Settings > Cellular. If it's already on, try toggling Cellular Data off and on again to see whether there's any change.

Next, check for Carrier Settings updates using the steps found here: Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Should the issue persist, we recommend reaching out to your wireless service provider to ensure the line is properly provisioned for iPhone.

We hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 6:21 PM in response to janice3827

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities janice3827,

It sounds like you're having issues with cellular data, and are seeing a "Could not activate cellular network" message.

If you haven't yet, make sure AirPlane mode is not enabled, and Cellular Data is switched on in Settings > Cellular. If it's already on, try toggling Cellular Data off and on again to see whether there's any change.

Next, check for Carrier Settings updates using the steps found here: Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Should the issue persist, we recommend reaching out to your wireless service provider to ensure the line is properly provisioned for iPhone.

We hope this helps!

“Could not activate cellular data network”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.