Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snapchat ban

Does the device get banned or is the Apple ID banned and you can’t use your Apple ID again on a new device?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 4:51 PM

Just wondering if I had to make a new Apple ID since I got banned from Snapchat

13 replies

Jun 10, 2021 5:35 PM in response to Jadedtadpole

Jadedtadpole wrote:

Just wondering if I had to make a new Apple ID since I got banned from Snapchat

Why would you think that? You don’t login to Snapchat with your AppleID since it is not an Apple product or service. Snapchat doesn’t even know what your Appleid is as you have a separate user account with them for your Snapchat account.

Apple won’t know anything about your ban from Snapchat as they don’t own Snapchat and I’m sure could not care less anyway as it doesn’t affect them nor your use of your AppleID with your Apple devices or your accounts with Apple.

Aug 5, 2021 7:08 PM in response to powerss

I will say this one more time and then I am done with this thread. YOUR APPLEID has NOTHING to do with SnapChat. They don’t know it, and cannot know it since it has nothing to do with accessing your SnapChat ACCOUNT.

Completely different companies, completely different online services, completely different accounts and login IDs. Your AppleID has nothing to do with SnapChat.

And if you’re repeatedly getting banned by SnapChat, they are doing so based on your IP, or your Snapchat name, or your real name, or account address or telephone number or birthdate or something else you’re required to provide when making an account with them. Since you’re NEVER required to give them your AppleID, they don’t know it to begin with, thus cannot use it to ban you.

If they can link any other REQUIRED information about you with a platform (iPhone, Android phone or whatever) they may ban you based on detected device posting to their service. But I don’t know anything about that for certain, and it would be an usually way of banning people on social media as it is so unspecific.

Most often, repeated bans are based on IP, IP address range, or IP address provider.

Aug 18, 2021 5:02 PM in response to powerss

It won’t work. If you check your email when your snapchat banned you it says at the bottom that they ban the device itself. So if you want a new snapchat, you need to buy a new device. That’s doing too much but for some people snapchat memories are important so i get it. It’s crazy how snapchat has so much power over that but i’m just quoting the email people have sent out. It looks like this doesn’t it?:

Snapchat ban

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.