Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fired up new Macbook Air without Apple ID. What do I need to update now that I can log into it?

Long story short, my iPhone died and I never replaced it with another mobile phone. I started up my new MacBook Air without an Apple ID as a result (though it took a while to figure out that was even an option). Turns out, I was able to get a verification code sent to the MacBook Pro I'm was previously on, so am now able to log in.

My question is this: now that I'm logged into my Apple ID, was there any software that wasn't not installed during the initial installation process on my new MacBook Air?

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 4:46 PM

First:

Simply go to the “Apple” (top left) select “About this Mac” followed by Software updates. It’ll Install any “new” items.

Then:

Go to the App Store icon and select “updates”

After this process your new laptop should be “current.”

3 replies

Fired up new Macbook Air without Apple ID. What do I need to update now that I can log into it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.