Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot download fitness app on my iPad 8th generation. I have updated the IOS to the latest version 14.6 but still it show that the fitness app is unavailable for this device..?

I cannot download fitness app on my iPad 8th generation. I have updated the IOS to the latest version 14.6 but still it show that the fitness app is unavailable for this device..

Does anyone know how to fix this?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 7:09 PM

Your iPad needs more that just the app.

Here are the requirements needed to use the Fitness+ app and Watch with a iPadOS compatible iPad.

Your iPad needs to be updated to the latest iPadOS 14.3 or later.

You need a compatible Watch ( series 3 or later ) updated to its latest watchOS version.

No options

You NEED an Watch to use the Fitness app on iPad.

The Fitness+ app will ask to automatically link the Watch to your iPad/ Fitness+ app, after the download of the Fitness+ app from the iOS App Store.

See the iPad/iPhone instructions here below.

How to start a workout.

Tap the link below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211923

Also, make sure all connected Apple devices are using the same Apple ID/password account information.

In addition, there is no TV mirroring of the  Fitness+ app, using iPad, currently.

Currently there is no direct AirPlay/screen mirroring from an iPad to any other compatible smart TV or smart device using AirPlay2.

Apple, currently has ONLY made the mirroring/AirPlay 2 feature available to owners/users of an actual Apple TV box.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 7:09 PM in response to heymango

Your iPad needs more that just the app.

Here are the requirements needed to use the Fitness+ app and Watch with a iPadOS compatible iPad.

Your iPad needs to be updated to the latest iPadOS 14.3 or later.

You need a compatible Watch ( series 3 or later ) updated to its latest watchOS version.

No options

You NEED an Watch to use the Fitness app on iPad.

The Fitness+ app will ask to automatically link the Watch to your iPad/ Fitness+ app, after the download of the Fitness+ app from the iOS App Store.

See the iPad/iPhone instructions here below.

How to start a workout.

Tap the link below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211923

Also, make sure all connected Apple devices are using the same Apple ID/password account information.

In addition, there is no TV mirroring of the  Fitness+ app, using iPad, currently.

Currently there is no direct AirPlay/screen mirroring from an iPad to any other compatible smart TV or smart device using AirPlay2.

Apple, currently has ONLY made the mirroring/AirPlay 2 feature available to owners/users of an actual Apple TV box.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

I cannot download fitness app on my iPad 8th generation. I have updated the IOS to the latest version 14.6 but still it show that the fitness app is unavailable for this device..?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.