Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Diagnostic say no issue but battery is constantly running

I have run the diagnostics on my MacBook and it came back no issue however the fan runs constantly, the keyboard feels warm and it’s running slow. Do I need to replace the battery?

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 9:30 PM

Hi,

Following document could help your question.

Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

2 replies

Jun 11, 2021 9:56 AM in response to Jntimas7

You may have a software issue that is causing your laptop to work hard thereby heating it up and causing the fans to run at high speed. Run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

Unless the Battery Condition is "Service Battery" or "Replace Soon", or the Apple Diagnostic reports a battery fault, or the battery run-time is too short, or the battery is swollen, then it is time to replace the battery, otherwise you battery is probably Ok. Unfortunately with macOS 11.x has changed the reporting of the battery condition so it is impossible to know its real condition (I don't know if Coconut Battery can still report a battery's true condition).

Diagnostic say no issue but battery is constantly running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.