Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina slowed my computer to a standstill

I upgraded my operating system to Catalina so I could log into a site for college and now my MAC runs so slow I can’t even get to a website. How do I fix this.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 8:27 PM

swarren12 Said:

"Catalina slowed my computer to a standstill: I upgraded my operating system to Catalina so I could log into a site for college and now my MAC runs so slow I can’t even get to a website. How do I fix this."

-------

Boot into Safe Mode:

See what happens when you attempt this in Safe Mode: [Hold Down: the shift key upon boot.]. In Safe Mode, login items do not open at log in, and certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files (made by caches) are set aside. So, see if you can load these while in safe mode.

What to Delete:

What to consider deleting. The following items will be deleted, and will not go to the Trash. These will allow the sites to open quicker. Perform this while in Safe Mode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 8:27 PM in response to swarren12

swarren12 Said:

"Catalina slowed my computer to a standstill: I upgraded my operating system to Catalina so I could log into a site for college and now my MAC runs so slow I can’t even get to a website. How do I fix this."

-------

Boot into Safe Mode:

See what happens when you attempt this in Safe Mode: [Hold Down: the shift key upon boot.]. In Safe Mode, login items do not open at log in, and certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files (made by caches) are set aside. So, see if you can load these while in safe mode.

What to Delete:

What to consider deleting. The following items will be deleted, and will not go to the Trash. These will allow the sites to open quicker. Perform this while in Safe Mode.

Catalina slowed my computer to a standstill

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.