Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos

i cant see any photos on my iPhone in mac's photo app , i have the most updated IOS and macOS. i cant import photo from my iPhone to mac.

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 11:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 12:06 AM

justinfive wrote:

i have the most updated IOS and macOS.

Can you please give the exact system versions? "The most updated iOS and macOS" will depend on the model of your device. Older devices may be stuck on older system versions. Are you using macOS 11.4 Big Sur on the Mac and iOS 14.6 on the iPhone or older versions?

How are you trying to get the photos from your iPhone to your Mac?

Are you using iCloud Photos on your iPhone? Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Please check, if it has become enabled on the iPhone - a system upgrade could have enabled it as a default. iCloud Photos could be preventing you from downloading the photos manually. If it is enabled on the iPhone, you should enable iCloud Photos on the Mac as well and download by syncing with iCloud.

Or are you using My Photo Stream or downloading manually? My Photo Stream is limited. It can neither download Live Photos nor videos. Whichever method you are using, do not mix the download and syncing methods. Pick one and stick with it. With a modern iPhone, if you are using the newer image formats Portrait Mode, Live Photos, the space saving High Efficiency format, you should either use only iCloud Photos on all devices or only the manual download, without activating iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 12:06 AM in response to justinfive

justinfive wrote:

i have the most updated IOS and macOS.

Can you please give the exact system versions? "The most updated iOS and macOS" will depend on the model of your device. Older devices may be stuck on older system versions. Are you using macOS 11.4 Big Sur on the Mac and iOS 14.6 on the iPhone or older versions?

How are you trying to get the photos from your iPhone to your Mac?

Are you using iCloud Photos on your iPhone? Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Please check, if it has become enabled on the iPhone - a system upgrade could have enabled it as a default. iCloud Photos could be preventing you from downloading the photos manually. If it is enabled on the iPhone, you should enable iCloud Photos on the Mac as well and download by syncing with iCloud.

Or are you using My Photo Stream or downloading manually? My Photo Stream is limited. It can neither download Live Photos nor videos. Whichever method you are using, do not mix the download and syncing methods. Pick one and stick with it. With a modern iPhone, if you are using the newer image formats Portrait Mode, Live Photos, the space saving High Efficiency format, you should either use only iCloud Photos on all devices or only the manual download, without activating iCloud.

photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.