Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving mail messages from one account to another, and not leave a copy.

I use 2 gmail accounts and receive a lot of messages that I want to move or transfer from one to another. The second is like an archive. But I don't want to keep them in the original account.

I do this in "mail" in my iMac. I have both accounts connected, and create a Smart Mailbox that selects the messages that I want to move. I select them and drag and drop to the corresponding account, or use the menu command "Move to..." where you can select the destination account.

The problem is that it leave a copy of the messages in the original account. One obvios solution is to do this, and immediately delete the originals. I don't like to do this because when you move (should I say copy) a lot of messages, the process take a while, so I'm not sure if the messages are already in the new account.

I'm using macOS 11.4 and Mail Versión 14.0

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 10:55 AM

Please contact Google for support on Gmail. This really isn't an action that has anything to do with your Mac. You can access all of your mail online in a web browser. What you would like to do isn't an action of the Mail app which is simply a client but would be managed by the ISP, in your case Google.

Similar questions

1 reply

Moving mail messages from one account to another, and not leave a copy.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.